Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sebastian's 5th Birthday

I meant to post on this event right after it happened, but I guess better late than never!

My nephew, Sebastian, turned 5 on August 10th. My sister and her family were in town for Jenn and Andy's wedding, so they had Sebastian's birthday party in California. It was so nice to be able to attend! The party was at Scotti and Rich Steip and it included myself and my dad as well as the Steip family.

The birthday boy: Sebastian's parents got him a pedal car, so he took it out for a spin.

Rebecca also tried to drive it! The wheel was stuck so that is why she is concentrating so much!

Ross Smith (friend of the family) was also there. He had fun with the kids:


The 5th birthday is the official "gum" birthday since you can't chew gum until you are 5 years old. Bubble Tape was the party favor. Here's Sebastian about to try his first piece (Kaylen is looking on):
Dinner was delicious and so was the cake. Sebastian had specifically asked for a cake that was shaped like a building and that had Spiderman swinging around the building and my sister actually found a cake that did that!

We all sang to him and he blew out the candles before we retired to the living room to watch him open presents.

I got Sebastian 3 gifts. The first one he opened was an Incredible Hulk action figure. He thought that was okay...you could tell he thought "I could play with that" with a satisfactory smirk.

Next he opened the two shirts I got him. I wish I had gotten a good picture of the look on his face--he looked like he was going to cry! He is definitely different from his sisters who love to get clothes! I redeemed myself when he opened the big gift, which was a huge Iron Man action figure that has rockets and buttons to make Iron Man talk. I believe he says 19 different things. I breathed a sigh of relief. I like to be the one to get the best gift. Who doesn't?

All in all, Sebastian seemed to have a great birthday!

No comments: