Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Alice's Last Day in L.A.

My friend, Alice, got a job transfer and was headed to San Francisco. I was sad to see her go, but not before we had our last harrah!

Our first stop was Galco's Soda Pop Stop! This is a store in northern L.A. and it is filled with so many varieties of interesting sodas!
Both Alice and I spent over $20 each on soda and neither of us drinks it that often! I bought mostly rootbeers, but Alice bought Cheerwine (what cherry coke is modeled after) and Ouza soda (licorice-ewwwwww!).
One of the various brands of sodas:
After Galco's we drove to Westwood to try Diddy Riese (pronounced DeeDee Reese) which is a cookie and ice cream shop with amazing prices (25 cents per cookie, $1.50 for a ice cream sandwich), but Alice and I opted for cookies.
Our last stop was the Apple Pan, a place that Alice and her boyfriend, Mark had tried before and loved. The place is just a square counter top and Alice warned me you don't get all "Sally" when ordering here. So we both had Hickory burgers and we shared fries. It was an L.A. experience for sure!
Here we are at the end of our meal! I'm going to miss my friend!

No comments: