Saturday, August 22, 2009

Walking and the Toddler Room

I had a fun time Friday meeting up with Nicole for a walk along Redondo Beach. We walked from Ave. G passed RB pier and back. From there we headed over to California Pizza Kitchen ASAP where we met up with my friend, Angie, for dinner. We had a good time hanging out, but the walk tired me out. I went to bed pretty much when I got home.

I was even able to sleep in some. I was supposed to meet up with my old friend, Jen Yale, for brunch, but she didn't get off work until almost 1am, so I told her not to worry, we can always reschedule. It takes us months to get together, but we always manage it!

I woke up at 9 and decided to go for a walk along Hermosa, but not before going to Jamba Juice for my favorite (non-drink) item, the Blueberries & Blackberries Steel-cut Oats. I just ask for only a little brown sugar because the fruit on top is sweet enough. I was even able to get through some work I brought with me (I haven't been able to really focus at work lately so I have to take it home where I can focus). It is easy work, so I was glad I was able to do it while I ate my breakfast.

From therer I walked from the Vons parking lot on Pier Ave. to the pier, listening to my iPod and drinking my water. I love to people watch--watch the patrons eating at the restaurants on the pier, see the volleyball players dive for a shot or spike the ball, or see a 5-year-old on his bike try to catch up to his dad who is walking beside him. All the activity keeps me busy while I walk. I walked to the 90210 house and then back to my car.

I had to race back home and shower before heading over to The Avenue, the salon I go to for my hair appointment. On the way there I had to stop for some food because I was running low on energy. I decided to go to California Sushi. I got a teriyaki chicken and rice bowl and a side of avacado rolls. Oh,the avacado rolls were so good, except that I forgot to tell them no giner and no wasabi. Those two items can ruin sushi! The ginger contaminated one of my rolls which I was none too pleased about!

Peggy is the nicest woman and does a great job on my hair. I always remember her kindness to my mom when my mom was done with chemo and she wanted her hair cut. Peggy did a great job and wouldn't allow me to pay her. She is sweet. My appointments are always long since I have massive amounts of hair, so I settle in and catch up on my magazine reading. 3 hours later, I left with my hair cut, washed, highlighted and straightened (which is Peggy's personal challenge). I look like a different person for 2 days and then it's back to the curls.

After my appointment I had some time to shop at Kohl's. I was on a mission to get an iced tea maker which I did accomplish. I've been trying to drink more water, but I'm no fish, so I need a little variety in the drink's department.

I went to church and worked in the toddler room tonight. Apparently, I got the "easy" room because the nursery was a mad house. I'm glad I wasn't in there because I was exhausted from all that I did earlier in the day.

The toddlers were fun and could entertain themselves for the most part. We just read them a story and gave them a snack and just helped them play when it was needed.

Jennie Soto, the woman I worked with saw the bubbles in our supply cabinet, so she started blowing bubbles for the kids. They really loved it!

No comments: