Friday, March 26, 2010

Bootcamp

In order to get motivated to wake up at 5:30 am (to get used to waking up early for my new job), I called my friend Angie. Her boyfriend is a personal trainer and he runs a bootcamp at a nearby ju-jitsu club on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I committed to Angie that I would meet her there and I had enough motivation to wake up!

Well, just barely! But I rallied and I had a great time! It was challenging--there was a combination of strength training and self-defense moves, as well as some kick boxing. I felt really energized when I left! Angie and I agreed to go walking the next day, which was also fun (especially when I had Angie's company). I realize now that I really need to shake up my workout routine so that I maintain interest. Unfortunately, I can't go to the bootcamp once I start working because I have to go in to work early on Mondays and Wednesdays. I'll have to see if I can come on Fridays. I would like to because I thoroughly enjoyed it!

No comments: