Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Fundraising and Filling Eggs

Last weekend was a busy one! Saturday afternoon I went to Mama D's--wow, it's been awhile! I then had to rush home to get ready for a fundraising event called "Affair of the Heart" which benefits the Lincoln Training Center, which provides training to physically disabled individuals so that they can hold jobs and get satisfaction out of making a contribution by working. My friend, Jenn, invited me to the event and we had a great time! It was also a treat to get dressed up (sorry I don't have any pictures!).

Sunday I went over to my dad's house for a few hours before going home briefly and then driving to Nicole and Lisa's to help fill easter eggs that will be used for King's Harbor's Annual Easter Egg Hunt. They use 10,000 eggs and we were able to fill about 2,000 with our group.

Here's Gretchen filling some eggs:
My day ended with picking up my friend, Alice from the airport. I had to take the freeway, which I haven't done in years since I live so close to the airport, and I ended up taking the wrong exit and it took me a half hour to get back to the airport area--poor Alice had to wait! I felt so bad. :(

No comments: