Sunday, April 18, 2010

Cook 'n' Stuff

I guess I was pretty productive today. Started my day doing laundry and while I was waiting for it I got some studying in and I did do the dishes that had been piling

As a break from studying (after the laundry was done), I went to Bed, Bath and Beyond to find a neck massager because I woke up with the stiffest neck! I ended up getting a shiatsu massage pillow. I do not like the feeling of vibrations, so this was perfect because it kneads your muscles instead. I also ended up getting my birthday gift for my friend, Leslie there as well.


I then went to Trader Joe's to pick up some food so that I could prepare it for the week. I decided to make a beef stew using my crock pot. I just threw in stew meat, a mix of onions, celery and carrots, and also an array of colored potatoes. I added some spaghetti sauce and some water and viola! Crock pot cooking is so easy! I wanted to make some chicken as well, so I cooked up some sun-dried tomato and basil chicken using my grill pan. It is delicious, because I was craving meat so I had some before I made my salad.
I made a beet and fat free feta cheese salad. I got the inspiration from Sammy's Woodfired Pizza and I make it on occasion. I just chopped some beets and added some feta. You could also add some italian dressing, but I had it plain. The beets kind of reminded me of my mom. She really liked beets.


It really hit the spot and motivated me for another couple hours of studying!

No comments: