Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

Although it took me 15 extra minutes on the snooze, I woke up and made it to the 6am sunrise service. Man was it early and pretty cold! I was able to meet up with a group. The service was pretty good...the pastor talked about the resurrection, but also intertwined the story of Nicodemus.

After church a group of about 16 of us met up at The Corner Bakery for breakfast. We all had a great time. I was able to catch up with a few people, which was great since some of them actually go to a different church. I didn't get home until 10am, which is amazing! What a great time of fellowship!

I drove to Palos Verdes to have lunch at Scotti and Rich Steip's (they are my sister, Erika's in-laws). Andy and Jenn (my bro-in-law's brother and his brother's fiance), and Katie (bro-in law's sister) were also there. Scotti served ham, scalloped potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious.

During a conversation with Rich, while I was mid-sentence, I started having problems focusing on what I was saying because I started getting dizzy. It wasn't until about 30 seconds later that Rich and Scotti noticed that we were experiencing an earthquake! A 7.2 earthquake hit Mexicali, Baja Mexico and it is unbelievable to me that we felt it so far north. Of course, people in Vegas and Phoenix also felt it.

After the initial excitement, Scotti and I decided to go for a hike. We went to the Del Cerro Park hike, which had significant fire damage (you'll remember pics from a previous post) the last time I was here. There has been so much change! There on acres of wildflowers that have grown over a good portion of the previously damaged areas, although there is still a comingle burnt trees and the wildflowers.



Here's Scotti with the mustard flowers in the background:
And here I am:
A few more views:


No comments: