Monday, June 27, 2011

Great Quotes

Two people posted two quotes on Facebook that have resonated with me:

"Love will find a way. Indifference will find an excuse."
"Don't make someone a priority who only sees you as an option."

Boy, have these quotes come to play in my life! A very unfortunate statement, but I think it is mostly true for everyone. Whether it be a friend or potential romantic relationship, a lot of times one person puts in more effort than the other.

I've found this to be the case with friends mostly, probably because I've had more friends than I have had romantic relationships. In the case of friends, I have to weigh whether or not it's worth it to make any effort at all, considering the lack of effort from the other party. Sometimes I just re-categorize the relationship from true friend to mere acquaintance and in other cases I drop the person because they are clearly not regarding me as a person with feelings. I do not understand those types, but I've been known to befriend them from time to time. That indifference is what confuses me. How can you be indifferent to someone's feelings if you've spent considerable time with them?

So, in comes the second quote where I shift from making that effort (or making that person a priority) to adding time boundaries and making others a priority instead when it's clear they only see me as one of many options, and an option that isn't at the top of their list) .

Sad that we have to do that, but it's a fact of life.

No comments: