Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shower Buffet and Food

The appetizer was gorgonzola cheese with a cranberry and walnut topping. I liked the look of it because it looks like a flower. I'm not a fan of gorgonzola cheese, but several people liked the treat.This was the first time I had tried to make petite (or tea) sandwiches. I used two types of breads for two types of sandwiches: rainbow bread (made by King's Hawaiian) for the cream cheese, dill and cucumber sandwiches and Webber's White for the cream cheese, pineapple and ham sandwiches. Susan helped me with these. We cut the sandwiches into wedding shapes like a wedding dress, bell, wedding cake and a ring shape.


The main course was chinese chicken salad. This was made with 2 types of lettuce, grilled chicken, mandarin oranges, sliced almonds, fried wonton noodles and Lisa's Bon Appetit's famous chinese chicken salad dressing.

I served two types of King's Hawaiian rolls (savory and sweet) to compliment the salad:

Von, one of the bridesmaids, made a fruit salad that we served in these cute little cups!


Here is a view of the entire buffet table:


Here is the bride and a few of the guests enjoying the food. I asked everyone to go around the table and tell everyone how they met Helen as a simple icebreaker.

No comments: