Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Irish Fair

Sunday morning I drove down to Irvine with my brother, Todd, and his son, Thomas to visit the annual Irish Fair.
Here is an Irish parade we saw just after when entered the fair grounds:

A Feis dancing competition was in full swing. It's very entertaining!

I got curious about adult Irish dancing so I asked an official about it. We'll see if there are any good and convenient classes in my area. :)

There were several demonstrations throughout the day of the art of sheepherding. Those dogs are VERY well trained!

It was surprisingly difficult to find traditional Irish food (and the beer stands for that matter!), but we managed to find one booth. I had a corned beef sandwich, Thomas had cheese brutwurst (bangers) and Todd had fish and chips.


After lunch, it was shopping time! I got a few tee shirts that have the Wales dragon on it and it says "Wales", as well as a Wales flag that I gave Todd (he wanted to put it up on the treehouse in his back yard) and a Wales flag blanket that I gave Thomas (early birthday gift).


Before we left the fair, I was parched, so I decided to get a cool italian ice to quench my thirst. It was a delicious combination of blue raspberry, lemon and cherry.

Of course, my teeth and tongue turned blue:

Here I am with my nephew, Thomas.

Here are Thomas and Todd. It took a lot of effort to get Thomas to smile for the camera, I tell ya!

We had a great time and surprisingly, traffic wasn't too bad on the way back!

No comments: