Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Shower Games

After lunch and getting to know one another a bit, it was time for the games. Here is Helen laughing after she reads an advice card:Bridal Bingo was the next game. I had never played this at a shower. It is harder/takes longer than you'd think! Helen reading out the next item:Cailin, on the far left, is the winner of Bridal Bingo. She went home with cherry blossom bath gel, lotion and vanilla lip gloss.

Apron Guessing Game

This is a game where the bride puts on an apron that has various kitchen/marriage items hanging from it. She walks around the room and people have to try and remember as many items as they could after she leaves the room.
The women waiting for Helen to come out of hiding:


This is a really tough game. Look at how intently these women are inspecting the apron!
Helen took a few turns around the room.


She had to turn around since there were items on the backside!


Here is a picture of Von (another bridesmaid) and I earlier. See how I have a piece of paper in my top? Yep, that's the answer key to this game! Unfortunately all the pictures are prior to this game was played so it looks rather odd.


After everyone guessed, the winner (Linda, Helen's soon-to-be-mother-in-law) had guessed 7 of the 20 items. I think I should have given everyone another minute! There were several items that were unusual so I gave out little prizes to those that could guess them. Some of them were head scratchers. I wish I had taken some pictures of those. Then I could have quizzed you and found out whether you know what a pickle picker looks like! What about a cherry stoner? Strawberry Huller? Olive/Cherry Spoon?

No comments: