Saturday, March 28, 2009

Angie's Belated Birthday Dinner

From left to right: Donna, Tania, Lexy, Gretchen, Angie and Deanne.

Last night I met up with a few friends to celebrate Angie's belated birthday. We met at Chicago for Ribs, which happens to be the restaurant Andy, my bro-in-law's brother, works at. He happened to be working that night, so it was nice to see him again.

This morning I woke up at 9:30am in order to go to my 10am massage/chiropractic appointment. Hey, I needed my sleep! Julie, the masseuse, said that my muscles seemed more "clean" although she said that wasn't the best way to describe it. Ryan, the chiropractic mentioned during my adjustment that my muscled seemed less tense as well. Yay! I guess laying around for a week and only working partial weeks for those weeks sandwiching that week off made a difference. Now if only I could manage that on a regular basis. :-)

After my massage, etc, I went to the beach to walk. I had to get something to eat really quick, so I went to Jamba Juice and decided to try their blueberry and blackberry steel cut oatmeal. It was really delicious!

Once I had enough sustinance, I walked from where I had parked down to Hermosa Pier, all the way down Hermosa Beach and then back again. I was excited because the last time I tried I gave up because of the wind and on the way back I was super winded. Today wasn't too bad. After that I ran a few quick errands before heading back home. It's been a busy day but I seem to still have energy (unlike the last couple weekends).

Here is Hermosa Pier, although when I went today the sun was out and it was pretty hot out!

Besides still cautiously eating soft foods, life is getting back to normal.

No comments: