Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Smile Detection

A few weeks ago I went to Griffith Park for a hike. While we were at the highest point with the "Ollywoo" view, my friend, Darcy was about to take a picture when Chris asked if Darcy's camera had a smile detector. Nicole immediately said, "You are kidding around! There is no such thing!" Darcy concurred and asked me and also Gretchen. Neither of us had heard of it. Chris kept saying "No...really it's available now." Nicole's response was "I may be blonde, but I'm not dumb!"


Darcy looked through all of her camera options and discovered she does have a smile detection option. So, she tested it out. After putting it on that setting she didn't touch the camera and had us frown and then smile and sure enough it took a picture when it detected smiles! We have no idea how it works, but it does!


I was laughing at Nicole (next to me) and Darcy. Gretchen is doing the non-smiling thing during this picture!

No comments: