Sunday, March 8, 2009

Finally an Official Church Member

Even though I've been attending King's Harbor Church since I came back to California (Sept. 2002) tonight was the first time I ever signed up to be a church member (at any church) and actually attended a church meeting.

It was a really good meeting. It started with a pot luck dinner and then the meeting portion was fun and informational.

The new group that I started with Nicole, Lisa, Darcy and Bryan, B.A.S.I.C. Brothers and Sisters in Christ, was introduced tonight. We all stood up and Chris (the pastor) mentioned some of the events we are doing. It is very grass roots but we are all excited about it!

Tuesday is my surgery and although I am a little fearful of the pain, I feel very blessed by the community that has surrounded me during this time. Thank the Lord Almighty!

2 comments:

Ginny said...

Congratulations!!!

PH Ben said...

Yes, what Ginny said. ;) I could have sworn you were a member a PSC, but maybe that was me thinking of you getting baptized? In any event, it is a great decision to 'officialy' join a church body.