Sunday, March 22, 2009

Another Recuperation Weekend-Whether I like it or not!

This weekend was another recuperation weekend for me. Not really what I planned, but that's how it worked out.

I went to work Friday, although I slept in a little bit to avoid having to leave early again (I left work on Thursday at about 11am because I was feeling tired and I had a stomach ache). I was able to stay until about 4pm.

I went home and changed and went over to this shopping center near where my bible study meets. I had to find something to eat that was not pudding or eggs. I settled for a small bowl of pintos and cheese from La Salsa and a small cup of frozen yogurt. After eating I went to my bible study. It was our first day studying 1 Corinthians, so I didn't want to miss it. In the middle of study, I went to use the restroom and was almost locked in--it took me a good 2-3 minutes to get the door open. After that excitement, I went back to my seat, but I wasn't able to concentrate on the discussion because I became very fatigued. So, I excused myself and drove home.

I would have slept in but my sister, Samara, had told me she would be getting baptized on Saturday morning at 9am PST so I set the alarm and woke up 15 minutes before that time in order to set up the computer and watch it via podcast. I was really glad to see it. I figured that I could fall back asleep after that, but no such luck.

I went to Old Navy and to Trader Joe's to get some things, and that tuckered me out. I went back to my apartment and watched Twilight online (I got a promotional thing through Amazon.com). That tired me out in the middle, so I napped for a bit, but not for a satisfying enough time. Basically, I stayed in bed the rest of the time, but just resting, not sleeping.

I was able to get a lot of sleep last night. I went to bed about 11:30pm and I woke up at about 11am. I really needed the sleep. I woke up at 10 and tried to convince myself to get out of bed to go to church, but my body was not having any of it.

I went to go walking after I finally woke up, to get a little exercise in my muscles. I parked at my usual spot on Pier Ave. and walked down to Hermosa Pier (about 1/2 mile). It was extremely windy today, so when I got there my hair was flying all over the place and my decision to wear shorts today was my downfall. The wind was so strong that it was kicking up the dirt and then thrusting it so that it attacked my legs. I was walking towards the beach when I realized that the pain of little needles that I was feeling would only intensify when it would be sand and not specks of dirt that would be the ammunition. I decided it was better to start the walk back at that point.

The walk back is uphill most of the way so I still got a pretty good workout. I ran a few errands before heading home for a shower. After I was all gussied up (in jeans and a red hoodie), I decided I wanted to go see the movie, Knowing, starring Nicholas Cage. My friend, Gretchen met me there. It was a good movie, I thought. Not exactly what I expected. There were actually a lot of Christian themes in the movie--eternal life/afterlife, faith, belief in order, a reason for everything, etc. The ending was unexpected compared to what you would think it would be looking at the movie trailers.

After the movie, Angie met up with us to go to dinner at the Lazy Dog Cafe (fitting considering I was a lazy dog this weekend). I had the spaghetti bolognese and I was actually able to handle it. The recipe adds some Alfredo sauce which is why my throat could handle the acidicy. :-) It's my favorite dish there, so I was delighted that I could still have it. :-) I was really glad to be able to socialize with people this weekend. I need people time to rejuvenate myself.

No comments: