Monday, January 11, 2010

Computer Problems Solved

A few nights ago my Dell laptop stopped turning on. I had problems with it before where I would unplug it and it would just shut off but then it wouldn't turn on at all. I decided to bite the bullet and take it to the Geek Squad to see how much the damage would be.


I was pleasantly surprised to find out that it was only the power cord and not the actual laptop. If it had been the laptop it would be have $500 to fix it. I decided to get a universal power cord at Best Buy because I really don't want to search around the net for the best deal to find out it isn't the right one and I also realized that since I have another laptop, I could use this universal cord when that laptop's cord goes out in the future, so it made sense to spend the money on it.


I am really glad I was able to get it fixed relatively cheaply because my Dell is the computer that I primarily use. I need it for many functions that can't be done on the mini-notebook, most notably downloading the Turbo Tax software so I can get a move-on my taxes as well as my dad's.


After Best Buy I went shopping at Whole Foods since it's a few shops over. I don't generally shop there because I can get the same items I buy at Trader Joe's for less money, but I decided to check out the variety at WF's. I ended up getting a few things at a better price than at the grocery store like Virgil's Black Cherry Cream Soda, which is great as a dessert poured over vanilla ice cream. The best way to serve it is in a wine glass and it is just the right serving, although you'll have soda enough for 2-3 servings. It is the best "float" you'll taste! Besides that I mainly got fruit to snack on during the day.

No comments: