Saturday, January 23, 2010

A new day in the sunshine

Like most Californians, I am sure, I woke up this morning to see the sun peaking through the slits of my bedroom window blinds to invite me outside to the beach after a week of rain. I personally love the rain and we sure need it, but I love the way the sun warms my face and how the air is so much clearer when the rain is over.

I went to Manhattan Beach and walked to Hermosa Beach and back. The waves were obviously more violent than they normally are, so no one was getting in the water, but there were plenty of people outside to enjoy the weather.

There are some benefits to being out right after the rain. I'm sure the volleyball players that were out in spades were taking pleasure in the fact that their feet were cool and the sand was soft as opposed to the heat scorching their toes and scratching their feet. Even though a storm can be trying, there are always benefits that one doesn't see until after the storm is over.

No comments: